Environmental Protection Policy
The mission of Port Painters is to operate in accordance with good environmental practice. Care is taken at all stages of each project to ensure the least possible impact to the environment. We aim to protect the interests of persons occupying any buildings in the vicinity of a project.
Any construction operations will be undertaken in such a way to ensure the least possible disruption to occupiers and other parties. To this end, Port Painters Ltd has undertaken an evaluation of its legal requirements and the potential environmental aspects of its activities, products and services. Environmental protection is achieved through good environmental management practices and a process of continuous improvement.
The commitment of our management will ensure that there are adequate resources provided to allow the goals of this policy to be fully realised. This policy will be reviewed annually, and appropriate objectives and targets set and managed.
This policy is communicated to all employees. A copy will be distributed to clients, suppliers, distributors, contractors or any person, group or organisation who requests a copy.
Environmental Policy Statement
Port Painters Ltd. is committed to minimising its effect on the environment and understands that it must be proactive with environmental issues. This shall be achieved by applying the following policy objectives.
- Comply with / exceed the requirements of environmental legislation and approved codes of practice.
- Assess the environmental impact of all historic, current and likely future operations.
- Continuously seek to improve environmental performance.
- Prevent pollutions, emissions and waste where possible.
- Raise awareness, encourage participation and train employees in environmental matters.
- Expect similar environmental standards from all suppliers and contractors.
- Assist customers to use services in an environmentally sensitive way.
- Liaise with the local community.
- Participate in discussions about environmental issues.
In addition to the above points, Port Painters Ltd will ensure that it keeps to the forefront of environmental awareness and will endeavour to only use natural or at the very least bio-degradable / sustainable materials.
As evidence of its commitment to reducing its impact on the environment, Port Painters Ltd has achieved certification to Green Dragon Level 3
Port Painters are now accredited to the Green Dragon Environmental Standard.
Green Dragon is a five-stage environmental management system. 981 organisations have already been certified to the Green Dragon Environmental Standard. Port Painters Ltd hope to join them. The pre-audit took place in February 2008, as a result of a year's project compiling and adopting sound environmental practices.
The environmental risks included in Port Painters' routine tasks include:
- Blasting - possible air emissions and noise
- Grit blasting- possible air emissions, noise and/or vibration
- Needle-gunning; hammer scaling; CP9 guns - possible source of noise and/or vibration
- Use of solvent based paints - possible source of odour and/or splash
- Waste disposal- empty paint tins, rags, brushes etc
Our painters have completed work on a number of stadiums throughout Wales and the UK.
Read More >
We have many years of experience providing specialist coating systems for chemical plants.
Read More >
New steel structures require protective coatings. Our industrial painting specialists are fully trained and highly experienced in this area.
Read More >